About the symposium
- Offerings that satisfy customer needs
- Improve social and environmental performance
- Benefit the whole life cycle
- Products that provide environmental, social and economic benefits
- Taking into consideration raw material & energy usage throughout their life cycle
- Providing clear benefits for the communities in which they will be consumed
- Embracing responsibility as corporate citizen
- Socially accountable Business
- The voices and actions of business leaders can shape tomorrow’s world
- Human tasks become increasingly automated
- Highly interconnected world
- Purpose driven workforce
This year, the Tata Steel Symposium is themed: “Intrapreneurship –the road to 2050 starts with you” and will be strongly focused on the development and implementation of new initiatives within established organisations. The Symposium will take place at the congress centre of Tata Steel IJmuiden.
Prior to the event, a site visit to our Hot Strip Mill is arranged for young professionals of other companies. The Symposium itself will start at 10.15 with a welcome note followed by plenary and break-out sessions.
During the Symposium break-out sessions, you will be working on different phases of product development: ‘Idea Generation’ and ‘Minimal Viable Product’. Working in groups, you will be concentrating on one out of the following four different perspectives:
Future Workforce | Sustainable Products | Sustainable Services | Corporate Social Responsibility
The last phase of product development: ‘Embedding & Validation’, will be discussed plenary after which the day will be concluded with a panel discussion led by a guest speaker. You will find your assigned break-out perspective in your personal scheme at the website (after login) or on your name badge.
The event will close at 16.50 with time for networking and socializing.
Wenckebachstraat 1, 1951 JZ Velsen-Noord
Congress Centre (2H-27)